News & Events
Each year over 1000 students enter the public speaking arena at the College from the schools in and around the Gold Coast.
Public Speaking is never an easy task, generating anxiety in most people, but like many unfamiliar and uncomfortable experiences, practice definitely helps to build confidence. It is a skill that will last a life time.
The College's competition is an excellent opportunity to build on a communication skill that is needed in every walk of life, whether it be a speech at a family wedding, an interview with media, a presentation at a conference, or a maiden speech in Parliament.
2014 Dates for your diary:
Thursday 11 September – Adjudicator Workshop. Staff Common Room. 4pm.
• Monday 15 September – Year 4 Public Speaking. 4.30pm.
• Tuesday 14 October – Year 5-7 Public Speaking Heats.: 4.30pm, 6pm & 7.15pm.
• Thursday 16 October – Year 8-12 Public Speaking Heats: 4.30pm, 6pm & 7.15pm.
• Wednesday 22 October – Year 5-7 Public Speaking Finals.: 4.30pm & 6.15pm
• Thursday 23 October – Year 8-12 Public Speaking Finals : 4.30pm & 6.30pm
- Year 4 Public Speaking Programme.pdf
- Public Speaking Guidelines.pdf
- Public Speaking Times.pdf
- Public Speaking Topics 2014.pdf
- Entry Form Year 5.pdf
- Entry Form Year 6.pdf
- Entry Form Year 7.pdf
- Entry Form Year 8.pdf
- Entry Form Year 9.pdf
- Entry Form Year 10.pdf
- Entry Form Year 11.pdf
- Entry Form Year 12.pdf
|Click on the image to download the latest Acrobat Reader...
... or check out the FAQ for further information.