Currently, there are no teaching positions available at the College.
The information contained in these pages is intended to be a guide for prospective employees and is current at the time of publication. The College reserves the right to amend any part of this information at any time, without notification.
NON TEACHING POSITIONS
A.B. Paterson College has a vacancy for the following position:
SOUND AV OPERATOR
A.B. Paterson College is one of the Gold Coast’s leading independent educational organisations with a significant Performing Arts Centre that provides live theatre, events and productions during the year, as well as a range of other activities requiring audio visual expertise.
This position works as part of a team, providing sound and audio visual technical services to meet the requirements of the College’s Performing Arts Centre. The position works with the Manager of the Performing Arts Centre to support and deliver events and productions, maintaining a high quality customer service. The role contributes to the maintenance and security of technical equipment and upholds workplace health and safety standards.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an audio-visual function and knowledge and experience working in a live theatre environment or related industry. A Certificate IV in Live Production and Technical Services or equivalent would be preferred, together with a EWP (Elevated Work Platform) ticket.
- Demonstrated general technical understanding, skills and experience in: sound and audio visual technical services; the requirements of live theatre; and the performing arts industry.
- Familiarity with concepts of signal flow and its application, so as to connect audio visual equipment correctly, are desirable for the position.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights and lift heavy items.
- Ability and commitment to work on a shift basis, as some night and weekend work is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively within teams and across multiple disciplines to ensure completion of work.
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to abide by College policies and procedures, particularly workplace health and safety policies and procedures, and manual handling techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems.
- Candidates should be well-presented and have their own transport due to the days/hours of work.
- Have or be willing to obtain a Blue Card.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted online at email@example.com and close on Friday March 27, 2015.
Include an up-to-date resume and a cover letter outlining your experience against the Essential Requirements for this position.
Unless otherwise stated in the details relating to a specific position, the required documents below should be provided.
Applicants for non teaching positions are required to include the following in their applications:
- Letter of application
- Resume, including relevant experience and qualifications
- Names and contact details of three professional referees