Teaching and Learning
Personalised career support is provided for students via a number of avenues:
- Pastoral Care programme;
- Specialist subject selection education sessions for students;
- Information evenings for parents and students regarding university entry requirements and alternative pathways to tertiary study;
- Vocational consultation and placement via our Head of Vocational Education and Training;
- Annual Business Industry Dinner, where students meet with local business leaders;
- Parent and student one-on-one career and goal setting interviews with the Careers Counsellor and Dean of Senior Schooling in Years 11 and 12, and with Heads of House in Years 9 and 10;
- Parent information and subject selection evening in Year 9;
- Year Ten as a trial year for senior subjects;
- Year 12 mentor programme;
- Access to additional career counselling support services. Referrals are also made to outside specialists as required.
Vocational Education and Training Programme
A.B. Paterson College’s Vocational Education and Training Programme offers senior students the opportunity to genuinely fast track their journey into the workforce.
By allowing students to gain valuable work-related skills and experience through school-based apprenticeships and traineeships, and other structured study opportunities, the programme serves as an effective launching pad to tertiary studies.
Working closely with employers, parents, teachers and registered training organisations (RTOs), students can map out their future careers under the supportive umbrella of A.B. Paterson College.
The Vocational Education and Training Programme has proven highly successful since introduced by A.B. Paterson College in 1998.